How’s your day going? Mine started with a half-asleep-but-killer leg workout!
I got to bed a little bit later than planned last night and was a little slow to get going this morning!
My workout started with heavy squats and I think I was yawning in between each set. 😀
I ended up doing this workout:
- Squats: 4 sets of 5 reps (135, 145, 145, 145)
- DB Walking Lunges: 3 sets of 12 (20 lb DB’s)
- Medicine Ball Jump Squats: 3 sets of 15 (16 lb med. ball)
- 45* Hypers: 2 sets of 20 (25 lb plate)
- Banded Hip Thrusts: 2 sets of 20 (heavy + extra heavy band)<—-these were HARDDDD
- Leg Extensions: 3 sets of 12-15 (90, 110, 130)
- Lying Ham Curls: 3 sets of 10-12 (50, 60, 60)
- Banded Hip Adduction: 2 sets of 30 (heavy band)
My legs are definitely a bit shaky after this and I’m pretty sure I’m walking funny!
fun fitness survey
I saw this blog survey on the interwebs and since I love filling out forms, I just had to do it!
1. What did you eat for breakfast?
A Chocolate chip banana muffin that my mom sent me home with (YUM), some grapes, and a coffee. Normally I do eggs + egg whites and fruit, but I changed it up today!
2. How much water do you drink a day?
Not sure. I keep a bottle with me wherever I go and drink throughout the day.
3. What is your current favorite workout?
I love lifting weights.
4. How many calories do you eat a day?
Anywhere from 1700 – 2400. I eat what I want, but don’t try to hit a certain number each day. That’s just where it falls.
5. What are your favorite healthy snacks?
Fruit, Quest Bars, coffee (that’s a snack, right?!), and nuts.
6. What do you usually eat for lunch?
My go-to: brown rice, a turkey burger chopped up (or chicken), avocado and hot sauce
7. What is your favorite body part to strength train?
Legs and Booty!!
8. What is your least favorite body part to strength train?
9. What are your “bad” food cravings?
I don’t really label my food as good or bad. But for the sake of this question….sour candy!
10. Do you take vitamins or supplements?
I have been taking the About Time L-Glutamine, Multi-Vitamin, and Joint Supplement recently.
11. How often do you eat out?
I grab food from Whole Foods and the Co-Op (like Whole Foods) quite often, but other than that, maybe once per week.
12. Do you eat fast food?
I haven’t had fast food in years unless you count a McDonald’s ice cream cone every now and then 😀
13. Who is your biggest supporter?
My parents, family, and boyfriend. (and Oscar too!)
14. Do you have a gym membership?
I work at a gym, so yes.
15. How many hours of sleep do you get a night?
16. Do you have a “cheat” day?
No. I eat what I want for the most part. Some days I try to eat less junk than others.
17. Do you drink alcohol?
18. Do you have a workout buddy?
19. What is the best thing that has changed about your life since committing to a healthy lifestyle?
My confidence. I used to be shy. I was unsure of myself when going after things. Now, I feel like I can take on the world! It really is life-changing and hard to describe unless you’ve experienced it.
20. What was the last healthy thing you did?
I worked out this morning! Woohoooo.
Questions of the Day:
1. Pick one survey question and answer it in the comments below!